Portaria – Stagiates
The Portaria – Stagiates trail is one of the most popular of the routes starting from Portaria. In its downhill version, it can be done by everyone – families, the elderly, groups. Apart from the beautiful view of Volos, it generously offers a close contact with the nature of Mt Pelion.
- An easy course for everyone.
- It can be combined with the route Makrinitsa – Stagiates, as part of a circular course based on Portaria
- Water can be found in the community fountains of the two villages, but also at the gate of the Centaur Trail.
- The Centaur Trail completes the hiking proposals of Portaria.
- The whole route is well marked, mainly with yellow signs on metal stakes and confirmation signs.
- There are direction signs on the junctions.
- In Stagiates the route description sign can be easily find (in Portaria it is somewhat hidden in the upper parking lot).
Volos – Portaria
Makrinitsa – Stagiates