Drakia – Agios Lavrentios
The route Drakia – Agios Lavrentios is one of the shortest hikes in Mt Pelion. Even though it follows almost entirely the dirt road, it is still a very nice walk without any road traffic in beautiful scenery. This road gives us the sensation of a trail, because of the appearance of high and closed forest of broadleaved species.
- Hatzini Square offers a nice view of the valleys and olive groves that are fading down to the sea.
- Agios Lavrentios, both the village and the older monastery, owe their place to Mana Nerou, a very large spring near the village. Today the village and the monastery are supplied with water by the spring.
- In Agios Lavrentios there are some 20 fountains.
- There are no notifications on the viability of the hike.
- For much of the hike on the dirt road, the signage is inconsistent.
Alikopetra – Drakia
Agios Lavrentios – Agios Vlasios